Q TRAVEL – The funniest, weirdest and naughtiest airport codes in the world include Costa Rica’s Nosara airport, the NOB; a BUM, Butler airport in the U.S.; and OMG in Namibia.
Each airport around the world has to be abbreviated to three letters and some are, unintentionally hilarious, even rude.
Some other rude and funny airport codes around the world include:
- BOO – Bodo Airport, Bodo, Norway
- BRR – Barra Airport, Barra, Scotland
- CAT – Cascais Municipal Aerodrome, Cascais, Portugal
- COK – Cochin International Airport, Kochi, India
- DIE – Arrachart Airport, Antisiranana, Madagascar
- DIK – Dickinson Theodore Roosevelt Regional Airport, Dickinson, U.S.
- DOG – Dongola Airport, Dongola, Sudan
- FAT – Fresno Yosemite International Airport, Fresno, U.S.
- FUK – Fukuoka Airport, Fukuoka, Japan
- FUN – Funafuti International Airport, Funafuti, Tuvalu
- KOK – Kokkola-Pietarsaari Airport, Kokkola/Jakobstad, Finland
- LOL – Derby Field, Lovelock, U.S.
- WOW – Willow Airport, Willow, U.S.