QCOSTARICA – HOT? The last couple of days have been perfect beach weather in the Central Valley (San Jose), due to a combination of a strong sun and little winds.
But, unlike being at the beach, cooling off during the is not so easy.
Here is a refreshing drink, the “Vodka-Lada” – a vodka lemonade (vodka-limonada in Spanish) – with strawberries that is sure to hit the spot.
You have to try it.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries, washed and cut up
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of vodka (optional for non-drinkers)
- 2 cups of mineral water
- Make a syrup by mixing sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Let the sugar melt.
- Let cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled, place in blender or processor and a half cup of strawberries with lemon juice and syrup.
- Add ice and chop fine.
- In a pitcher, place two cups of mineral water, vodka and the above mixture.
- Stir and serve immediately.
PS. Don’t drink and drive! Drink responsibly!