Studies have proven the high nutritional value and multiple healing properties of the Spanish lime or “mamón”, “mamones” or “mamoncillo” as it is called in Costa Rica.
The fruit is a marvelous treat. Clusters of these little green drupes are traditionally eaten out of hand or used to make drinks and desserts, and jellies. The seed is quite big, the flesh clings to it in such a way that the best way to eat the mamoncillo is to suck on it for awhile, sort of like eating a tropical lemon drop candy.
The Spanish lime is a natural remedy because of the great amounts of:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12
- Amino acids
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic)
- Tannins etc.
As you can see, it is a fruit that provides multiple benefits to our health. In many parts of the world, Spanish lime is considered as the most powerful natural remedy, the first of its kind, widely used to prevent and combat a various conditions and diseases.
Benefits and healing properties
- It activates the immune system and prevents the proliferation of viruses and bacteria in the body. It is especially recommended in cases of urinary or lung infections.
- It cures insomnia and restores your nervous system.
- Improves the reproductive system, and it is especially recommended in pregnant woman.
- It is very effective in control the malignant cells spreading in patients with cancer. This is considered as a major and the most powerful Spanish lime benefit.
- Combat kidney problems.
- Improves digestion
- Treats constipation.
- Increase red blood cells production and thus fights anemia.
- It can lower cholesterol.
- Kills the bad bacteria and microorganisms in the body, such as parasites.
- Supports bone development.
- It can successfully relief cold symptoms.
- It is effective to treat skin problems such as acne.
- Prevents stomach ulcers.
- Prevents bronchitis and flu.
- Helps in the treatment and healing process of gum infections.
- Its roasted and ground seeds mixed with honey can be used to control diarrhea.
So, as you can read, this powerful fruit is really worth having in your everyday diet. It is also quite inexpensive. In Costa Rica, for under ¢1.000 colones you can stay healthy for a week.
Have you ever tried these?