What is the difference of sizes between various aircraft, especially of those who arrive in Costa Rica regularly.
The above image is a composition of 4 different photos taken in Los Angeles (LAX), all from the same point and the same length so that you can make a comparison.
From Top to bottom:
- Airbus A330- 200 (Length: 59 m)
- Airbus A340- 300 (Length: 64 m)
- Boeing 777-300St (Length: 73.9 m)
- Boeing 747-8 I (Length: 76 m) *
In addition, arriving in Costa Rica are the following aircraft that are not included in the image:
- Boeing 787-9 (Length: 63 m)
- Boeing 777-200St (Length: 63.7 m)
- Airbus A340- 600 (Length: 75 m)
* The Boeing 747-8 I has yet to arrive in Costa Rica. However, the U.S. presidential version of the 747 did arrive at the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) with the visit of Barack Obama in 2013.