QCOSTARICA – The Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz (CNFL) – national power and light company – announced a series of power outages that will affect mainly residences in the areas of San Jose, Curridabat, Escazu and Santa Ana on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Maintenance on the power grip, extention of primary lines, reconstruction of lines and installation of transformers are the cause of the suspension of service for up to 7 hours on each day.
For Monday, April 4, from 8:00am to 2:00pm are Granadilla Norte and Farolito in San Jose. In Escazu, areas of Barrio el Carmen, and San Antonio de Escazu.
On Tuesday, April 5, from 8:00am to 2:00pm areas of Piedades de Santa Ana, in the area of Calle Cebadilla will be affected. The CNFL says the power disruption will include residential homes and:
- Rio Oro music bar
- Condominio Oro Real
- Condominio Hacienda Barcelona
- Quinta Ely Flor
- Taller Pausa
- Condominio Villas Sol
- Iglesia de Cebadilla
- Apartamentos Ribbell
- Bombeo AyA Calle Cebadilla
- Condominio Torres de Rio Oro
- Condominio Vistana
- Condominio Parque Montaña del Sol
- Finca Santísima Trinidad
On Wednesday, April 6, from 8:00am to 1:00pm, the residential homes inGuachipelin de Escazu, in the area of Construplaza will be affected.
Also on Wednesday, from 8:00am to 11:30am, the Central and Catedral districts of San Jose will be without power, including:
- Entre calles 15 y 21, avenidas 02 y 06
- Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología
- Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas DCR
- Patronato Nacional de la Infancia
- Edificios Cinco de Octubre
- Librería Internacional Juricentro
- Consultores Profesionales Equitas
- Poder Judicial Anexo A
- Pantalla IMC Avenida 2