Tuesday 19 October 2021

Entrepreneurs Offer To Pay Fix To Ruta 27

A group of businessmen is prepared to pay out of pocket the US$4 million dollars it will cost to construct and underpass to allow flow of access to the commercial strip on both sides of the Ruta 27 in Escazu

Paying the bills

Latest

Who was the American killed in the Puntarenas massacre?

QCOSTARICA - People who knew him remember him as...

Pedro Sánchez promises to ‘abolish’ prostitution in Spain

Q24N - Spain's Prime Minister, the socialist Pedro Sánchez,...

DiDi monitors trips to penalize drivers who harass customers

QCOSTARICA - DiDi Costa Rica has implemented a new...

The baguette, “the bread of the Ticos”

QCOSTARICA - Ticos (Costa Ricans) love bread and this...

Today’s Vehicle Restriction October 19: Plates ending in “3 & 4” CANNOT circulate

QCOSTARICA - For today, Tuesday, October 19, vehicles with...

US endorses the entry of Costa Ricans vaccinated with a mixture of Pfizer and AstraZeneca

QCOSTARICA - Costa Ricans or foreigners who wish to...

Delta variant appears in 96.4% of samples analyzed in the last week of September

QCOSTARICA - The presence of the delta variant of...
Paying the bills

Share

A group of businessmen have offered the Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MOPT) to pay for the construction of an underpass near Hospital Cima, in Escazú.

The work, estimated at US$4 million, would allow flow of access through an underpass at the east end of the north and south commerical strips, similar to the underpass on the west end.

The east end underpass would also allow timely access by emergency vehicles to the CIMA hospital.

- Advertisement -

Asdrubal López, an engineer from Traesa S.A., the contractor hired to take charge of the project, said they already have ready plans and construction permits are in the process of approval. The approval process also includes that of Globalvia, the concessionaire of the Ruta 27.

Guiselle Alfaro, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure, said that the Government agrees with the work and said the designs have already been reviewed by the National Council of Roads (Conavi).

The official added that they are in talks with Globalvia for approval and for start of the work.

“The coordination with the Ministry has been made through Traesa, two weeks ago we met the group of entrepreneurs who want to donate the work … The proposal is an underground passage that will alleviate and distribute the vehicle flows,” commented Alfaro.

There is still no date for the start of the work,  the proponents must submit a guarantee of completion of the work, so that the project is not abandoned before its completion.

“We are in the final coordination with the concessionaire because we have to ensure that route 27 is not affected during the construction process,” concluded the deputy minister.

- Advertisement -

“The idea is to start the work as soon as all of the permits are obtained. All execution of the work will be carried out in coordination with the concessionaire of Route 27,” López said.

Lopez gave no details on the investors who will pay for the intersection.

- Advertisement -
Paying the bills
Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

Mélida Solís will pay a fine of ¢163 million to get avoid trial

QCOSTARICA - How much does it cost to avoid a trial...

Model must wear an ankle bracelet for three months after arrest an alleged pimp

QCOSTARICA - A 35-year-old model, identified only by her last names...

Subscribe to our stories

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.