The Ministry of Health will denounce to the Prosecutor’s Office the strikers who, allegedly, would have hidden key information to issue the sanitary orders that would have put an end to the strike in CCSS hospitals.
The press office of that ministry said the alleged concealment of information transcended Tuesday, during an assembly of workers, in which the general secretary of the Asociación Nacional de Profesionales en Enfermería (ANPE) – National Association of Nursing Professionals, Rodrigo López, acknowledged that thanks to “hidden collaborators” they avoided the sanitary orders.
These “collaborators” did not provide the necessary reports on the situation of the hospitals during the strike. “We left clean and we were totally profitable (…). I want to thank the people, that I cannot give it their name, because they are hidden collaborators … there are people who help in that hidden part,” he said.
The words of the union leader were recorded in a live broadcast of the activity. Then, the video was removed from the Facebook page of the Sindicato de Profesionales en Ciencias Médicas de la CCSS e Instituciones Afines (Siprocimeca), where it was originally shared.
For its part, the Deputy Prosecutor’s Office of San José, of the First Judicial Circuit, informed that it will analyze the case “to determine whether there is merit or not to initiate a criminal case” and that so far “there is no criminal case open for such facts.”
On Monday, August 12, the CCSS and unions signed a controversial agreement that put an end to the week long strike at public hospitals and clinics.