Friday 18 June 2021

[BLOG] The Maes Plan To Go All The Way!

RICO’S COSTA RICA BLOG – It’s inspiring, infectious and incredibly heart warming to spend time in a country that has so much invested in being joyful. Come to Costa Rica!

costarica-colombia-predictor

The town of Grecia, about 45 min from San Jose, boasts some of the most perfect weather in the world — in Grecia.

- Advertisement -

As we head into the round of 16 play of the World Cup starting Saturday, there is the possibility of Costa Rica and Colombia facing each other in the final game.

Bloomberg.com has produced a great interactive World Cup 2014 Predictions & Results page that you can play out the different game scenarios before they are even played, for a predicted result.

In the case of Costa Rica and Colombia, if both teams keep on winning and advancing they will meet at the final on July 13.

The Bloomberg prediction is that Costa Rica has only a 22% chance of beating the Colombians or say the the Colombians are favoured with a 78% change of winning.

- Advertisement -

Both teams face some serious challenges ahead.

Costa Rica needs to beat Greece first on Sunday and then face the likes of Mexico, Holland, Belgium Argentina, Switzerland or the United States over two games before it can go head to head with the Colombians.

For the South Americans, they their possible opponents include Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Nigeria, France, Russia and Germany.

In Costa Rica, a Tico and Cafeteros showdown will be interesting. There is a lot of national pride, on both sides, at stake. Also, Colombians are one of the largest foreigner group in the Costa Rica.

One Colombian friend has said , “Colombians will leave Costa Rica if the Ticos take World Cup from us.”

Pack your bags, “mijo”, because the “maes” plan to go all the way!

- Advertisement -

Article by Rico, from Rico’s Costa Rica Blog

- Advertisement -

FACT CHECK:
We strive for accuracy in its reports. But if you see something that doesn’t look right, send us an email. The Q reviews and updates its content regularly to ensure it’s accuracy.

Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

The Best Sports To Play On A Beach

Costa Rica has some of the best beaches in the world....

Since 2018 MECO has received contracts from the State for more than ¢139 billion

QCOSTARICA - Almost ¢140 billion colones (US$227 million dollars) is the...

MOST READ

Fifth tropical wave precipitation will be heavier in the north of the country

QCOSTARICA - For this Wednesday, the arrival of the fifth tropical wave of the season is expected, thus reinforcing the rainy activity mainly to...

Today’s Vehicle Restriction June 15: 3 & 4 CANNOT circulate

Today, Tuesday, June 15, vehicles with plates ending 3 & 4 CANNOT circulate The measure is countrywide and applied between 5:00 am and 9:00 pm,...

Today’s Covid News: Restrictions allowed a decrease in Covid-19 and prevented hospital collapse

QCOSTARICA - A moderate decline in new cases for the third consecutive week allowed the hospital system to avoid the dreaded collapse and rapid...

Simple to request certification of vaccines against covid-19 applied in Costa Rica and abroad

QCOSTARICA - The Ministry of Health issued a new guideline on Thursday that establishes the requirements to request the vaccination certificate against covid-19 in...

Despite investigation, construction of road works by H. Solís will continue

QCOSTARICA - Five major road works under the responsibility of the H. Solís company will continue in development despite investigations for alleged corruption involving...

Diseases, weather and low prices hit the orange sector in Costa Rica

HQ - The appearance of pests and diseases, in particular the 'dragón amarillo' (yellow dragon), the impact of the weather and a sharp drop...

Today’s Vehicle Restriction June 16: 5 & 6 CANNOT circulate

Today, Wednesday, June 16, vehicles with plates ending 5 & 6 CANNOT circulate The measure is countrywide and applied between 5:00 am and 9:00 pm,...

The “rebound” effect boosted growth in Costa Rica’s economic activity

QCOSTARICA - Costa Rica's economic activity registered in April 2021 a year-on-year growth of 8.8%, a figure affected by a “base” or “rebound” effect,...

Southwest adds yet another route to Liberia, now from Denver

QCOSTARICA - Southwest airlines will add a new route to the Daniel Oduber International Airport, in Liberia, this time connecting with the city of...

WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST!

Get our daily newsletter with the latest posts directly in your mailbox. Click on the subscribe and fill out the form. It's that simple!

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.