Friday 2 June 2023

Costa Rica Says NO To Donald Trump

Paying the bills

Latest

We’re in for a wet Friday!

Q COSTA RICA - We're in for a wet...

Stepping on a scale before boarding?

Q24N - Take off your shoes. Take the keys...

Man sentenced to 35 years in prison for murder of ex-wife

QCOSTARICA - The Criminal Court of Santa Cruz, Guanacaste,...

Costa Rica’s “most sold newspaper” is no more!

QCOSTARICA - Grupo Extra announced on Wednesday that they...

Bilingualism inserts professionals in global markets

QCOSTARICA - In today's interconnected world, having bilingual skills...

Millions Left Unclaimed in Costa Rica’s Christmas Lottery

Participating in the chaos of the Gordo Navideño, which...

Dollar Exchange

¢539.74 BUY

¢545.79 SELL

2 June 2023 - At The Banks - Source: BCCR

Paying the bills

Share

The winner of the Miss Costa Rica 2015 will NOT be participating in the Miss Universe, as it has done since 1954.
The winner of the Miss Costa Rica 2015 will NOT be participating in the Miss Universe, as it has done since 1954.

(QCOSTARICA) Televisora de Costa Rica (Teletica), with more than 40 years history with Miss Universe franchise, will be sitting out the 2015 edition.

In addition, the local channel 7, that owns the rights in Costa Rica for the Miss Universe, will not be televising the event.

The announcement was made last night in San Jose in a statement by Ignacio Santos, director of news at the television station, saying, “we reject the xenophobic and offensive statements of the owner of the Miss Universe against our Mexican brothers and against all Latin Americans.”

Ignacio Santos, the voice of Teletica
Ignacio Santos, the voice of Teletica
- Advertisement -

“The comments made by Donald Trump are totally in contrast to the most basic principles of all Costa Ricans … and all of us who work at channel 7,” said Santos.

“During this time, none of the contestants have ever been descriminiated because of their colour of skin, their roots and principles (…),” continued Santos in his editorial on the evening news.

René Picado, president of Televisora de Costa Rica assures that the Miss Costa Rica 2015 pageant will continue as programmed, the event taking place next month in San Jose, but, the winner will not be participating in the Miss Universe.

Picado said says the decision is fully supported by each and every one of the young participants in the Miss Costa Rica 2015, calling it an exemplary decision that demonstrates their will of defending their principles over any personal interest.

On Monday, Miss Costa Rica 2015, Stephanie Rostran, was the first to break away from the contest, announcing she had reached a deal with Teletica to bow out of the contest. Her announcement followed that of Univision, NBC and Televisa to not participate in the Miss Universe.

Santos added that Teletica would review its decision if Trump apologizes for his comments or removes himself completely from the Miss Universe organization.

- Advertisement -

According to  Basilio Quesada, curator of the Costa Rica beauty contest sayd the country has participated in the Miss Universe since 1954, years after its founding. Costa Rica missed only one event, in 1961, for reasons so far unknown.

- Advertisement -
Paying the bills
Avatar photo
Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

We’re in for a wet Friday!

Q COSTA RICA - We're in for a wet Friday as...

Stepping on a scale before boarding?

Q24N - Take off your shoes. Take the keys out of...

Subscribe to our stories

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

%d bloggers like this: