COSTA RICA NEWS — The Institute of Statistics and Census of Costa Rica (INEC) says the variation of the consumer price index in November was 0.34% and the two groups increasing the most were Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages and Food and Beverages consumed outside the home.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Meals and beverages consumed outside the home
- Miscellaneous goods and services
The prices of goods and services in the month of November recorded an increase of 0.34% compared to those observed in the month of October.
The CPI consumption basket consists of 292 goods and services, of which 51% saw price increases compared to the previous month, 35% decreased, and the remaining 14% remained unchanged.
In November, the consumer groups which influenced the monthly variation of the general index were:
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages, mainly due to the increase in the prices of tomato and eggs
- Transportation, with a negative variation mainly due to the decrease in the prices of gasoline, vehicle acquisition and diesel.