Thursday 23 September 2021

FIA(sco) Cancelled!

Paying the bills

Latest

Today’s Vehicle Restriction September 23: Plates ending in “7 & 8” CANNOT circulate

QCOSTARICA - For today, Thursday, September 23, vehicles with...

Carlos Alvarado denounces violations of the Daniel Ortega regime to the UN

QCOSTARICA - In New York, Costa Rica President Carlos...

High Number of European Tourists Traveling to Costa Rica in Spite of the Pandemic

QCOSTARICA - A total of 21,969 tourists from European...

Costa Rica second last in economic recovery in the region

QCOSTARICA - The Central American region experiences very different...

TOP-5 real estate communities for a family life

Despite the fact that COVID-19 is slowing down the...

Today’s Vehicle Restriction September 22: Plates ending in “5 & 6” CANNOT circulate

QCOSTARICA - For today, Wednesday, September 22, vehicles with...

Group charged migrants US$22K to get them to the United States.

QCOSTARICA - A Costa Rican-Panamanian criminal structure charged migrants...
Paying the bills

Share

The sad faces of the deputy ministers of Culture, Alfredo Chavarría and Luis Carlos Amador, at a press conference Monday night. Photo: Jorge Navarro, La Nacion

QCOSTARICA – Although it tried desperately to keep the event going, in a press conference Monday night, the  Ministry of Culture (Ministerio de Cultura) announced the cancellation of international concert with the Chilean group La Ley, Miguel Mateos and Léon Giego and other mass activities of the International Festival of Arts 2015 (FIA).

The announcement was made by Alfredo Chavarría and Luis Carlos Amador, deputy ministers of Culture.

- Advertisement -

The reason for the cancellation was the inability to hire the lighting and stage services for the events at the Olympic Village in Desamparados and the Sports Centre in Aserrí.

The problems with the Festival began last Thursday, the same day it kicked off, when events in Acosta and Alajuelita were poorly organized and event goers expressed their frustrations. Following event saw poor attendance to almost none.

The FIA 2015 was to take place from April 23 to May 3.

According to the deputy ministers, the international artists will be compensated to avoid lawsuits. Both officials said that last month they had suggested to Minister Elizabeth Fonseca to move the FIA festival to July, but the recommendation was not accepted.

The minister was not present at the press conference held at the Ministerio de Cultura.

Despite the cancellation of the FIA, some of the programmed activities will still take place.

- Advertisement -

“The activities planned in the Parque La Libertad, CEDES Don Bosco, Teatro Municipal de Desamparados, Cenac, Parque Central de Aserrí will take place on the scheduled dates until April 29, the program for the remaining days will be announced on the 29th,” the officials said.

- Advertisement -
Paying the bills
Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

Costa Rica second last in economic recovery in the region

QCOSTARICA - The Central American region experiences very different realities as...

Group charged migrants US$22K to get them to the United States.

QCOSTARICA - A Costa Rican-Panamanian criminal structure charged migrants of 13...

Subscribe to our stories

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.