Saturday 12 June 2021

Six in Ten Victims Of Domestic Violence Under Protection Are Women

domesticviolence2

65% of the victims of domestic and sexual abuse under the protection of the Poder Judicial are women. The other 35% are men and children, according to the head of the Secretaría Técnica de Género (Secretariat for Equality), Jeannette Arias.

Data from the Poder Judicial indicates that, in 2012, some 50.000 women, men and children victims of domestic violence were under protection.

- Advertisement -

For sociologist, Angie Vargas, she told Radio Monumental, in Costa Rica there is a lack of training and actual awareness of domestic violence.

The Poder Judicial report notes that in rutal and poorest areas is where there is the largest number of caes of domestic violence.

- Advertisement -

FACT CHECK:
We strive for accuracy in its reports. But if you see something that doesn’t look right, send us an email. The Q reviews and updates its content regularly to ensure it’s accuracy.

Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

New Television Program To Promote Family Fun

Q ENTERTAINMENT - Attention families of Costa Rica! A new contest...

Nicaragua government assures that detainees violated one of the Ten Commandments

TODAY NICARAGUA – The vice president of Nicaragua and First Lady,...

MOST READ

Today’s Vehicle Restriction: June 12, “ODDS”

Today, Saturday, June 12, only ODDS can circulate. The measure is countrywide and applied between 5:00 am and 9:00 pm, save for those under the...

Tourism sector feels in crisis despite increase in international arrivals

QCOSTARICA - Despite the improvement in tourist arrivals reported in May, with more than 72,000 visitors, both the Cámara Nacional de Turismo (Canatur) and...

El Salvador Makes Bitcoin Legal Tender, A World First

Q24N (Reuters) El Salvador has become the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender after Congress approved President Nayib Bukele's...

Southwest resumes operations today at the Guanacaste Airport

QCOSTARICA - This Sunday, the Guanacaste Airport - a member of the VINCI Airports network - received the first of the daily flights from...

Costa Rica receives 204,000 doses of covid-19 vaccines from AstraZeneca

QCOSTARICA - Costa Rica received this Sunday morning, June 6, the second direct shipment from AstraZeneca of vaccines against covid-19. The flight landed at 11:05...

Opinion: Peru’s electoral drama is damaging democracy

Q REPORTS (DW) In Peru, the left-wing village school teacher Pedro Castillo has in all probability been elected the new president. The fact that...

Vaccine Tourism – A Practical Guide

By Amy Gdala, Guest Contributor - The US has a surplus of vaccines, while Costa Rica is struggling to supply sufficient numbers to citizens...

Europe opens the doors to tourism, these are the requirements

Q TRAVEL - Europe opened the doors to tourism. While worldwide vaccination against covid-19 advances above the levels of each country, the restrictions are...

New Television Program To Promote Family Fun

Q ENTERTAINMENT - Attention families of Costa Rica! A new contest program, led by Douglas Sánchez and Verónica González, is looking for participants who...

WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST!

Get our daily newsletter with the latest posts directly in your mailbox. Click on the subscribe and fill out the form. It's that simple!

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.