QCOSTARICA TECH – The Samsung Galaxy Flat S6 and S6 Samsung Galaxy Edge, the two versions of one of the most anticipated smartphones of the year, were released yesterday in the country.
With a metal body, internal battery super-fast processor, brilliant camera and wireless charging, Samsung’s latest flagship is the best phone it’s ever made. It is expected to go head-to-head with the iPhone 6. In fact, one review called the S6 “the iPhone killer”.
The follow up to the Samsung Galaxy S5, which had cutting edge technology but lacked a premium design and feel, the S6 continues the Korean company’s reinvention of the look and feel of its smartphones and tablets.
- Screen: 5.1in quad HD AMOLED (577ppi)
- Processor: octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420
- RAM: 3GB of RAM
- Storage: 32/64/128GB; no SD card
- Operating system: Android 5.0.2 “Lollipop” with TouchWiz
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with OIS, 5MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: LTE, Wi-Fi, NFC, wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm
- Weight: 138g
At Kolbi, the S6 Flat with 32Gb storage is available for ¢451,000 colones, while the S6 Edge (with curved screen) had no price yet. At Claro, while its website says the S6 is now available, it did not include a price. Over at Movistar, there is no mention on the website of the S6 being available or coming.