To ensure that Noche de Brujas fun and safe, the Ministry of Security, through the Fuerza Publica (police) has developed special operations, that began on October 28 and will continue until November 2, mobilizing all its resources to protect the public, with added police presence in and around malls, entertainment venues, parks, banks, ATMs, bus stops, churches and cemeteries.
For, October 31, the preventive measures will be strongest between 3:00pm and 2:00pm, says the Ministerio de Seguridad Pública Facebook page, where they have posted a list of things that we can do for a safe celebration.
- Parents should monitoring closely their children.
- Retailers not allow anyone into their stores wearing a mask, top the list of precuations.
- Do not allow children and teenagers go ask for treats without the company of an adult.
- When children are in groups, have a way of friends identifying each other, because behind a costume could hide a criminal.
- Do not let children play in unlit areas such as parks, vacant lots or corners of the neighborhood when they are in costume.
- Warn children the should take treats from only people living in neighboring houses and they know, never strangers.
- Some people might use a disguise to rob shops, so shopkeeps should take added security measures.
- If you have suspicions of anyone who might be using the holiday to commit a crime, such harassement, robbery or assualt, call 911 or the nearest police station.