Saturday, 28 November 2020

Venezuela Reaffirms Its Total Ownership Over Citgo

Venezuela holds the total ownership and control over Citgo in the United States

(TODAY VENEZUELA) Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (Pdvsa) informed the country that it still holds the total ownership and control over its branch in the United States, Citgo Petroleum Corporation, and categorically rejects the national and international media campaign against the Venezuelan oil industry.

Pdvsa denies the press false statements and the comments made by spokespeople interested in creating political instability in our country, all of which are based on speculation, rumors and biased information discrediting the Corporation.

It is important to underscore that any world-class company, like Pdvsa, employs its assets to back its transactions and leverage its investments, making statements on the cession of assets to third parties completely false. The state oil company, via a press release, informed that it not only levered up in October using 50.1% of Citgo’s capital for bond swap operations, but that it also used the remaining 49.9% to raise financing.

- Advertisement -

It is noteworthy that all of this was achieved not only in spite of constant attacks against the company, but also in the middle of a negative period for the global oil industry.

In this sense, there is no doubt that Citgo continues to be owned by Pdvsa, a company that has also shown full solidness, reliability and solvency in its financial operations’ record. The best proof of this is the trust of bondholders, as well as the many international large companies that provided financing for the development of projects in Venezuela during this year ─was marked by low oil prices and a large number of oil industry companies cutting their investments.

Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (Pdvsa) urges the national and international public opinion not to echo the utterly false media campaigns that only seek to tarnish the image and reputation of the Venezuelan oil company.

Pdvsa remains committed to the Nation’s development, to the fulfillment of the objectives of both the company and the Bolivarian Government and to the achievement of the greatest happiness of the Venezuelan people.

- Advertisement -

Article originally appeared on Today Venezuela and is republished here with permission.

- Advertisement -
Q24N
Q24N is an aggregator of news for Latin America. Reports from Mexico to the tip of Chile and Caribbean are sourced for our readers to find all their Latin America news in one place.

Related Articles

March in Caracas Against US Blockade

Authorities of the National Government accompanied Venezuelans dmeonstrating their commitment and...

Venezuela holds on to Citgo refineries amid legal battle

(AP) Venezuela will hold on to its Citgo refineries in the...

MOST READ

Team of 200 prepare vaccination of three million Ticos against covid-19

QCOSTARICA - The exact date is not known, but the plan has already been drawn up and about 200 people work daily to organize...

Aresep gives AyA one month to resolve water bill errors

QCOSTARICA - The water utility, Instituto Costarricense de Aqueductos y Alcantarillados (AyA), has 30 days to resolve the claims for excessive water charges made...

Turrialba Volcano will once again amaze visitors with guided tours from sunrise

QCOSTARICA - With a string of walks that will begin at 5 am and will continue every hour until 10 am, in groups of...

Criminals Use Dating Website to Extort People

QCOSTARICA - Criminals discovered a new way to obtain money on the Internet. Through a website of sexual encounters, they establish contact with potential...

U.S. Embassy San Jose closed Thursday and Monday

QCOSTARICA - This note in from the United States Embassy in San Jose, that they will be on Thursday, November 26, 2020, to commemorate...

Woman charged clients ¢35,000 for having sex with young women

QCOSTARICA - A woman, surnamed Castillo Castro, allegedly charged male clients ¢35,000 for having sex with young women between 18 and 24 years old...

Let's Keep This Going!

To be updated with all the latest news and information about Costa Rica and Latin America.

Article originally appeared on Today Venezuela and is republished here with permission.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.