Wednesday 28 July 2021

Venezuelan FM Blasts US For ‘Desperate’ Charges Against Maduro

Paying the bills

Latest

Contagions, hospitalizations and deaths associated with covid-19 decrease during the last week

QCOSTARICA - The number of infections, hospitalizations and deaths...

President confirms efforts to vaccinate undocumented migrants

QCOSTARICA - In consideration of human rights and because...

CNE maintains 49 shelters open with 2,942 victims of storm

QCOSTARICA - The National Emergency Commission (CNE) reports it...

Caja applied 507,000 doses in 10 days; 45% population vaccinated

QCOSTARICA - Costa Rica did reach the goal of...

What First Time Users Should Know About CBD Oil

CBD took the cannabis market by storm. Now, it...
Paying the bills

Share

The US Government on Thursday filed charges for “narco terrorism” (drug terrorism) against Venezuelan president, Nicolás Maduro, and offered US$15 million for any information leading to his capture.

“I have a message for senior chavismo officials: the party is ending,” Ariana Fajardo Orshan, Attorney General for the Southern District of Florida told a press conference.

- Advertisement -

The move is sure to further escalate the tension between Washington and Caracas.

The Trump administration ceased its recognition of Maduro as the legitimate president of Venezuela, following accusations of election fraud and human rights abuse, recognizing the president of Venezuela’s National Assembly, Juan Guaido, as the country’s leader, although Guaido was not elected to the top office.

The United Nations, as well as UN Security Council member states China and Russia, continue to recognize the Maduro government.

Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza said on Thursday that drug trafficking charges brought forward earlier in the day by the Trump administration against President Nicolas Maduro showed the “desperation” of the “Washington elite”.

Arreaza said that the White House decision to offer a reward for the capture of Maduro and other high-ranking officials for alleged drug trafficking and “narco-terrorism” prove the administration’s “obsession” with Venezuela, and point to Trump’s attempts to get better “electoral returns” in the state of Florida.

“The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela denounces that at a time when humanity is facing the fiercest of pandemics, the government of Donald Trump is again attacking the people of Venezuela and its democratic institutions using a new form of coup d’etat, on the base of miserable, vulgar and unfounded accusations”, the foreign minister in a government statement.

- Advertisement -

Article originally appeared on Today Venezuela and is republished here with permission.

- Advertisement -
Paying the bills
Q24N
Q24N is an aggregator of news for Latin America. Reports from Mexico to the tip of Chile and Caribbean are sourced for our readers to find all their Latin America news in one place.

Related Articles

Venezuela’s Maduro Accuses US of Planning His Assassination

Q24N -  Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro accused the CIA and the...

Bolsonaro compares quarantines to Maduro’s dictatorship

Q24N - Brasilia (EFE) The president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, said...

Subscribe to our stories

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

Article originally appeared on Today Venezuela and is republished here with permission.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.