Sunday, 27 September 2020

World’s Top Tourism Destinations

2013-international-tourism

COSTA RICA TRAVEL – We often wondered what countries would be most visited in the world. Based on the statistics from the World Tourism Organization 2014 edition, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 most visited in the world.

The results of the 10 top countries in the world may surprise you:

  1. France – 84.7 million visitors
  2. United States – 69.8 million visitors
  3. Spain – 60.7 million visitors
  4. China – 55.7 million visitors
  5. Italy – 47.7 million visitors
  6. Turkey – 37.8 million visitors
  7. Germany – 31.5 million visitors
  8. United Kindgon – 31.2 million visitors
  9. Russia – 28.4 million visitors
  10. Thailand- 26.5 million visitors

Are you surprised by France being the most visited country in the world?

- paying the bills -

Latin America
For 2013, Costa Rica, with 2.1 million visitors, tops the list of travel to Central America, and places 7th in Latin America.

Central America

  1. Costa Rica – 2.1 million visitors
  2. Panama – 1.324 million visitors
  3. Guatemama – 1.129 million visitors
  4. El Salvador – 1.150 million visitors
  5. Nicaragua – 1.011 million visitors
  6. Honduras – 863.000 visitors
  7. Belize – 242.000 visitors

South America

  1. Argentina – 5.325 million visitors
  2. Brazil – 5.181 million visitors
  3. Chile – 2.801 million visitors
  4. Colombia – 2.385 million visitors
  5. Uruguay – 2.349 million visitors
  6. Peru – 2.299 million visitors
  7. Ecuador – 1.047 million visitors
  8. Bolivia – 807.000
  9. Venezuela – 526.000
  10. Paraguay – 465.000
  11. Suriname – 204.000
  12. Guyana – 152.000
  13. Frencg Guiana – n/a

Some interesting things to consider in the coming years:

  • International tourist arrivals worldwide are expected to increase by
    3.3% a year from 2010 to 2030 to reach 1.8 billion by 2030, according
    to UNWTO’s long term forecast Tourism Towards 2030.
  • Between 2010 and 2030, arrivals in emerging destinations (+4.4% a
    year) are expected to increase at twice the rate of those in advanced
    economies (+2.2% a year).
  • The market share of emerging economies increased from 30% in 1980
    to 47% in 2013, and is expected to reach 57% by 2030, equivalent to
    over 1 billion international tourist arrivals.

How are people traveling?

- paying the bills -

53% by air  in 2013, while the remainder travelled by surface transport (47%) – whether by road (40%), rail (2%) or over water (5%).

Rico
Ricohttp://www.theqmedia.com
"Rico" is the crazy mind behind the Q media websites, a series of online magazines where everything is Q! In these times of new normal, stay at home. Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Related Articles

Government’s scare tactic!?!!

The government tries to scare with a "campaign of fear" to...

El Salvador: woman jailed over miscarriage freed

(Q24N) Authorities in El Salvador on Wednesday, September 23, released a...

MOST READ

Costa Rica ranked 13th in best countries for gender equality

(QCOSTARICA) First published in 2006 by the World Economic Forum, the Global Gender Gap Index measures gender equality in 153 countries by tracking and ranking...

They did not last a day: the first flexible delineator posts on ruta 32 downed

(QCOSTARICA) The flexible delineator plastic traffic road divider on the Ruta32 did not last a full day. Crews finished placing them this Sunday at...

Another narco drone attempts delivery in Alajuela prison

(QCOSTARICA) You have to hand it to the enterprising nature of Criminals who are ncreasingly turning to technology. On Saturday, just as an Amazon or...

Costa Rica negotiates with 6 pharma for the COVID-19 vaccine

(QCOSTARICA) The government of Costa Rica has already started talks with six pharmaceutical companies for the future purchase of the COVID-19 vaccine. The acting Minister...

12 years in jail for minor for participating in murder of Karolay Serrano

(QCOSTARICA) The cry for justice for the murder of Karolay Serrano Cordero, 26, was heard Monday afternoon, September 21, in the courts of Heredia,...

Bolivia descends into chaos ahead of elections

(Q24N) With roughly one month to go until the Bolivian general election, the country is descending into violent political strife. On September 20, for...

Let's Keep This Going!

To be updated with all the latest news and information about Costa Rica and Latin America.

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.