LIGHTER SIDE OF COSTA RICA – Here some humour from Costa Rica Bargain Hunter, “7 Ways to Spend as Much Money as Possible”.
Stick by your guns! You shouldn’t have to adapt to Costa Rica! Costa Rica should adapt to you! You’re a Gringo and, therefore, independently wealthy.
1. Only live in the vicinity of Escazu or at the beach in a housing development with the word, “Luxury,” as part of the name. All those little towns in the country probably have no chain restaurants that you recognize.
2. Never take public transportation anywhere for any reason. Gas is only about US$10 a litre and you paid good money to import your giant SUV! If it sits in the garage, it’s going to waste!
3. Never eat at a soda. They probably don’t even have menus in English! What’s a ‘casado’ anyway? What’s a ‘boca?’ It’s all too confusing!
4. Never shop at a Chinese import store. I like my plastic junk made in the USA, thank you very much!
5. Never shop at a ropa americana (thrift store). Don’t you realize, those clothes might have been worn before?!? You can buy new Levis at at a Levi store. It’s worth the $75 extra dollars you have to pay!
6. Never learn to use a ‘suicide’ shower. You didn’t move to Costa Rica to learn new things! For every place you rent or buy, have these swapped out for water heaters. It’s not important that many handymen don’t know how to install water heaters properly! They hardly ever create a large explosion when they blow up!
7. Never buy brands you don’t recognize! If it was a quality product, they would sell it in North America!
Source: Costa Rica Bargain Hunter