The United States Consular will be giving a talk on preventing fraud of U.S. Visas. The idea is to inform American citizens living or visiting Limón on the different services that the Federal Benefits Unit offers to Americans in Costa Rica.
• Issuing Social Security Numbers
• Completing applications for retirement, disability, and survivors benefits
• Handling post-entitlement related issues (i.e., establish direct deposit, change of address, etc.)
• Applications for retirement, disability or survivor benefits.
• Applications for new, replacement of Social Security cards.
• Applications for enrollment or cancellation of Medicare (please note that Medicare does not cover outside the USA). Applications for selection of a representative payee (i.e., when the beneficiary is not capable of managing his/her own benefits)
• Changes/corrections to the record for beneficiaries already receiving SSA payments.
• Information about the Direct Deposit (DD) program.
• Missing or delayed payments.
Important Note for Department of Defense Retirees: Department of Defense retirees must deal directly with their Defense Finance and Accounting Service Center office in the United States.
• For Veterans issues FBU acts as the liaison between the veteran and the Veterans Affairs Office.
WHEN: Today, Wednesday August 7, 2013
WHERE: Salón Multiusos del Organismo de Investigación Judicial (OIJ), Limón
WHAT TIME: 10:00 a.m.